Dining Concepts Opens Alto, Tom Dixon’s First Dining Project in Asia
Located within V-Point, the latest skyscraper to open in Causeway Bay, Dining Concepts’ Alto is a contemporary grill restaurant with a panoramic view of the harbour, with world-famous interior design and a modern menu with a sharp focus towards grilled items.
The 95-seat restaurant is Tom Dixon’s Design Research Studio’s first dining project in Asia. The establishment fuses the elements of earth, air, fire, and water into the interior design theme, allowing the harbour view be framed within the monochrome backdrop, all under a canopy of 220 gold mini melt lights.
Taking the helm of the kitchen at Alto is chef Michael Boyle, an alumni from Dining Concepts’ Bistecca after previous stints at Las Vegas’ restaurants including Thomas Keller’s Bouchon and Bradley Ogden at Caesars Palace. Alto’s main menu showcases finely executed plates greatly influenced by seasonality. Signature plates include:
- Carbonara Macaroni with bacon and peas
- Crispy pig’s ears with Thai-spiced dipping sauce
- Pierogi with edamame puree, beetroot and caroot
- Foie gras, almond spice waffle, grilled peach and pink peppercorns
- Roasted branzino with fennel, cherry tomatoes and French beans
- USDA prime American ribeye, 14 oz
Guests are encouraged to enjoy the internationally inspired menu with an array of creative cocktails and wines from around the world. Alto is open for both lunch and dinner.
Alto, 31/F, V Point, 18 Tang Lung Street, Causeway Bay; +852 2603 7181