Above & Beyond
Restaurant, $$$$, Chinese, Cantonese, Tsim Sha Tsui
Open now ( Close at: 14:30 )keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Fri
Sat - Sun
- Mon - Fri 11:00-14:30
- +852 3400 1318
- 28/F, Hotel Icon, 17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Private Room3 rooms for 8-36 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$300-$400 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Against a floor-to-ceiling backdrop of Hong Kong’s skyline, Hotel Icon’s sleek top-floor restaurant offers finely executed Cantonese classics, many of which have been given modern makeovers. There are a number of set menus that offer good value, such as the Peking duck set dinner. The fowl is done Hong Kong-style, meaning that the meat is cut thicker than what’s traditionally served in Beijing. Whether you opt for prix fixe or à la carte, be sure to ask the knowledgeable sommeliers to recommend pairings from the wine list, which covers a wide range of countries, serving sizes and price points. Service, unfortunately, fails to go above and beyond. Staff seem eager when prompted, but are unable to answer questions about ingredients—even after checking with the kitchen—and tea cups are seldom refilled.
What to order
- Thick-cut and fatty, the Hong Kong-style Peking duck feels much more substantial than your average Beijing bird.
- Start with the crispy five spice sliced Angus beef brisket, which is tender and well-seasoned.
- If you’re a sucker for succulent meat, order the honey-glazed barbecued pork.
The restaurant offers a fantastic selection of tipples from emerging wine countries.