Associazione ChiantiRestaurant, $$$$, Italian, Steak House, Wan Chai
Opens at: 18:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 18:00-23:00
- +852 3619 3360
- Shop 2, 15 Ship Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetNo
Step inside the glossy façade at Associazione Chianti, situated smack dab in the centre of the quietly thriving Ship Street restaurant thoroughfare, and be instantaneously transported to a warm and welcoming neighbourhood mainstay, where the setting, colours, smells, and flavours evoke all the emotion and atmosphere of a Tuscan trattoria. The ingredients-forward menu highlights simple, authentic classics. A large-format Bistecca alla Fiorentina cut from melt-in-your-mouth grass-fed Black Angus sourced from Idaho is the clear star of the show, but don’t sleep on Chianti’s other shareable mains—the Pollo al Burro Omaggio a Sostanza is a chicken breast pan-fried in a luxurious puddle of brown butter, a dish created in homage to the legendary Trattoria Sostanza in Florence. Ease into the golden hour with a platter of Italian cured meats, a crisp and barely- but perfectly-dressed chicory salad, and a soulful vegetable minestrone, then linger afterwards over generous portions of glorious pavlova and endless bottles of wine—the restaurant’s proprietary eponymous Associazione Chianti is a good bet and a delicious all-rounder.
What To Order
- The Bistecca alla Fiorentina, cut from melt-in-your mouth grass-fed Black Angus sourced from Idaho ranches is the clear star of the show.
- Don’t underestimate the chicly-plated Pollo al Burro Omaggio a Sostanza—the chicken breast pan-fried in a luxurious puddle of brown butter is a rich and fragrant shareable dish.
- Start the night right with the restaurant’s fresh-out-of-the-oven bacon-speckled rolls, and order a barely- but perfectly-dressed fresh and crispy chicory salad alongside.
The menu is optimised for sharing, with a compelling variety of large-format proteins, salads, and sides.