AulisRestaurant, $$$$, British, Causeway Bay
Opens at: 19:30keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 19:30-22:30
- +852 2817 8383
- Shop 8, UG/F, Sino Plaza, 255 Gloucester Rd, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Private Room1 room for 1-12 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 10
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$500 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetNo
In a city inundated with outposts belonging to big-name international chefs, the arrival of Simon Rogan’s duo of restaurants, Aulis and Roganic, is still cause for excitement. The chef-farmer at the vanguard of modern British cuisine has opened his first standalone overseas venues here—and Aulis in particular is where you should head for a taste of Rogan’s most innovative dishes. Up to 12 diners are seated at a private chef’s counter, giving you ringside views of the cooking action. One tasting menu is offered each evening, composed of about 15 small courses that change frequently and where organic vegetables often star. For example, a grilled salad is composed of mixed charred greens sourced from local farms, dressed with a superb Westcombe cheese custard. A wine or juice pairing is offered, and you can also order directly off the wine list, which contains many big-name producers at premium prices. This is no stuffy temple to fine dining, though, as the young chefs and waitstaff interact with diners or sing along to ’80s soft rock and pop tunes as they cook and serve.
What to order
- In a twist on bread and butter pudding, truffle pudding comes as toasted cubes of bread layered with black truffle and a truffle emulsion.
- Wonderfully smoky grilled salad is composed of mixed charred greens sourced from local farms, dressed with a superb Westcombe cheese custard.
- A dessert of buttermilk, cherry and rosemary is a balance of sweet, sour, salty and ever so slightly sinful.
All diners are seated from 7:30pm and eat each course together, so be on time to ensure a harmonious dining experience.