Bombay DreamsRestaurant, $, Indian, Central
Open now ( Close at: 23:00 )keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 12:00-15:00
- +852 29710001
- 4/F, Carfield Building, 77 Wyndham Street, Central Hong Kong
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 10
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$250 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetNo
One of the city’s most well-known restaurants for fine Indian fare, it’s no exaggeration to describe Bombay Dreams as Little India, with its moody lighting, warm tones and natural wood furnishings creating an inviting space. The menu is well-thought-out, with a wide selection of meats, seafood and vegetarian options. It places an emphasis on northern India, especially tandoor specialities such as tandoori nisha (grilled jumbo prawns marinated in lemon juice, yoghurt and freshly ground pan-roasted spices). You may have a hard time navigating the rather lengthy menu, but the creamy palak paneer (homemade cottage cheese chunks and spinach) and the murgh hussaini biryani (chicken cooked with aromatic basmati rice using an Indian slow-cooking technique), a flavourful dish served in a clay pot that brings out the aroma of the rice, are both a must. The wine list is extensive, both by the glass and the bottle, yet there remains room for improvement when it comes to service, which frequently proves hurried and difficult to get the staff’s attention.
What to order
- Flavourful and hearty, the murgh hussaini biryani is a satisfying main dish on its own or goes well with curry.
- Delicately grilled, the tandoori nisha is a smokey starter that prepares dinner for the strong mains.
- The palak paneer is a creamy vegetarian dish that makes for a refreshing alternative to red, yellow or green curry dishes.
Book a table by the window for views of the happening Wyndham Street.