CapriceRestaurant, $$$$, French, Central
Opens at: 12:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 12:00-14:30
- +852 3196 8860
- 6/F, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Private Room1 room for 5-12 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishBelow 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$750 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Without doubt, Caprice offers diners a grand setting. Four large and impressive chandeliers hang in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows that frame a similarly impressive view of Hong Kong and its harbour. The cuisine on offer fits right in with this already superior setting. Chef Guillaume Galliot’s innovative creations expertly combine flavours and textures in pairings that delight, whether it’s the Alaskan king crab and Gillardeau oyster with crustacean jelly that brings all the flavours of the sea to the fore, or the meaty turbot served in a decadent and buttery sea urchin sauce accompanied by bright roasted mango. Galliot’s mastery over his menu is clear throughout the meal, from canapés and amuse-bouche, where every flavour is clear and precise, through to dessert and petits fours. The service is some of the best around, delivering first-class professionalism without forfeiting that personal touch––and the enthusiasm for what the restaurant has to offer is infectious, whether extolling favourites from the food menu, selections from the superlative wine list or prime picks for the perfect cheese platter from Caprice’s famous cheese cellar.
What to order
- All the flavours of the sea come to the fore in the Alaskan king crab and Gillardeau oyster with crustacean jelly Os as a refreshing brininess accompanies juicy crab to transport you to the seaside.
- Tender langoustine is accompanied by rich tomato consommé in a refreshing pairing that is also beautifully presented.
- The turbot is firm and meaty and served with a decadent buttery sea urchin sauce that is cut with the brightness of roasted mango.
The seven-course Menu Connoisseur set dinner is a great way to enjoy all that the restaurant has to offer, from chef signatures to the famous Caprice cheese cellar.
- Top 20 Best Restaurants
- Best Pastry Chef
- Best New Chef
- Best Chesse