Grand Hyatt Steakhouse
Restaurant, $$$$, Steak House, Wan Chai
Open now ( Close at: 22:30 )keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 18:00-22:30
- +852 2584 7722
- Lobby Level, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, 1 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Private Room3 rooms for 8-32 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$500 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Grand Hyatt Steakhouse is something of an institution in Hong Kong and when you visit, you’ll realise why; it’s pretty much the ultimate steakhouse experience. The beef here is of the highest quality, with a wide selection of choices, including Spanish, Irish and Welsh dry-aged, free-range cuts as well as American bison. Steaks are cooked expertly—perfectly charred on the outside, with blushingly tender meat within—while the range of accompaniments and sides are shown equal amounts of love by the kitchen, with truly delicious results (the juicy thick-cut bacon and crunchy “dirty fried potatoes” are standouts). Generous portion sizes are made for sharing, especially the decadent desserts; the layered chocolate cake is a chocoholic’s dream. The wine list is also extensive, offering an impressive geographical spread. The impeccable service is friendly, accommodating and deeply knowledgeable, while a fabulously retro soundtrack and dark, cosy interiors add further to the intimate, relaxed atmosphere. Practically perfect in every way, this steakhouse is a guaranteed great night out.
What to order
- The free-range Irish tomahawk rib eye chop is cooked impeccably, with an impressive char on the outside giving way to beautifully pink and tender meat within.
- The steak accompaniments and sides are shown just as much love as the mains; the maple and bourbon glazed thick cut bacon is almost sinfully juicy, and “dirty fried potatoes” smothered in aioli and smoked paprika are wonderfully crunchy and wholly addictive.
- The steakhouse chocolate cake is an all-indulgent way to finish your meal, with decadent layers of chocolate sponge, gooey caramel and delicate crunch – and a generous portion ideal for sharing.
Come hungry – despite the epic meal ahead, the unlimited complimentary garlic bread is too good to miss out on.