HakuRestaurant, $$$$, Japanese, International, Tsim Sha Tsui
Opens at: 12:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 12:00-15:00
- +852 2115 9965
- Shop OT G04B, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Private Room1 room for 2-6 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishLess than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$500 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetNo
A softly lit passageway guides diners away from the hubbub of Harbour City and into the enveloping calmness of this traditional kappo-style Japanese restaurant. But while what’s served up on the restaurant’s attractive Arita ware may have distinct Japanese influences, each dish also nods to the Mediterranean, whether it’s the tender lobster set between a cauliflower purée and a topping of olives, or the abalone and chorizo rice caldoso. These two dishes, together with the rest of the 12-course dinner tasting menu (a plant-based menu is also available), beautifully blend the two cuisines and present them with both local and super-seasonal produce in sensational culinary displays. An eclectic wine pairing is offered, with sake and beer as well as wine included, as is a carefully considered drinks menu with an additional, frequently updated booklet featuring limited quantities and exclusive wines. Service from start to finish is friendly, informative and, ultimately, faultless.
What to order
- The oyster asparagus captures the essence of summer – the fresh, green veg, fragrant edible flowers and the brininess of the oyster channelling the scents of sea and season.
- Sumptuous pieces of juicy lobster bask in a cauliflower puree before each bite is enhanced by the soft saltiness of black olives.
- This Spanish-influenced rice dish is rich and moreish, peppered with pieces of chorizo and topped with perfectly cooked slices of abalone.
Diners at lunch time can enjoy high quality set menus of six or eight courses that represent great value.
- Top 20 Best Restaurants