LimewoodRestaurant, $$, South-East Asian, Repulse Bay
Opens at: 12:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Wed
Thu - Sat
- Mon - Wed 12:00-14:30
- +852 2866 8668
- Shop 103/104, The Pulse, 28 Beach Rd, Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeCasual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$350 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Limewood was a breath of fresh air when it first opened, being the first of its kind to offer relaxed, upscale seaside dining like one would find in beachy locales such as Cape Town or Sydney. The restaurant is split into two sections, though both share the same food and drink offerings. The larger area is a dining room with booths, long tables and a bustling open kitchen, while the smaller space houses the bar and high tables. The cocktails are creative, albeit on the sweet side, and can be ordered by the glass or pitcher. The menu is a medley of beachside cuisine, featuring island flavours such as saucy, succulent jerk chicken, Mexican-inspired favourites such as crispy fish tacos, and bold Asian flavours including charred pork neck with a wonderfully fresh herb salad.
What to order
- Limewood’s fish tacos are a perfect balance of fresh and hearty.
- The perfectly tender and beautifully marinated 48-hour charred beef ribs do not disappoint.
- The jerk coconut corn is incredibly moreish with its bold flavours and contrasting textures; crunchy toasted coconut, a light creamy dressing and sweet juicy grilled corn.
Arrive early on weekends, the lunch crowd packs the place quick.