Restaurant, $$, Chinese, Cantonese, Wan Chai
Opens at: 12:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 12:00-15:00
- +852 2866 8305
- 5/F, Lucky Centre, 165-171 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Private Room9 rooms for 8-30 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeCasual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 10
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$100-$150 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Located in an unassuming building in Wan Chai, Megan’s Kitchen is considered among the city’s best staples for high-quality hotpot. With a wide range of creative homemade soup bases available, from tom yum cappuccino and fresh lobster to heart-warming beetroot borscht, you’ll be spoilt for choice with the extensive menu. But don’t worry about FOMO—you can choose up to three soup bases (for the price of one) and we recommend picking a spicy, salty and sweet combination that works with different ingredients. For meat lovers, the A5 Saga wagyu sirloin and A4 Kagoshima wagyu shoulder chuck are freshly sliced and have the perfect ratio of lean meat to fat. The restaurant has also recently hopped on the plant-based meat bandwagon, with Beyond Meat and OmniPork featured in its dumpling and meatball offerings. The Beyond Meatballs stand out, with a distinctive aroma from the black truffle paste and Beyond Meat, making it a treat that even non-vegetarians can enjoy. If you ever feel overwhelmed by the selection, be sure to ask for recommendations from the knowledgeable staff.
What to order
- Bursting with flavours and exquisitely plated, the Beyond meatballs made with Beyond meat and black truffle paste are a great vegetarian alternative to regular meatballs.
- Japanese beef with black truffle dumplings are a creative twist to traditional dumplings for those looking for something different to go with their choice of soup base.
- A4 Kagoshima wagyu shoulder chuck is the ultimate beef choice for your hotpot, with just the right balance of lean meat and fat.
Book the private booths with built-in televisions for the ultimate in privacy and comfort.