Restaurant, $$$$, French, Admiralty
Opens at: 12:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 12:00-15:00
- +852 2820 8590
- 56/F, Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong, Pacific Place, Supreme Court Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong
- Private Room2 rooms for 15-30 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$500 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
With stunning views high up above the harbour, Petrus continues to follow the proudly French traditions of fine dining. The room feels slightly anachronistic in design by channelling Louis XIV, with heavy drapes, gilt and statues, creating a slight air of stuffiness that doesn’t reflect the friendly, professional and knowledgeable service team. Across the tasting menus, impeccably plated dishes reflect fine ingredients and techniques, even if the innovation could possibly be more pronounced. The foie gras with Hokkaido corn provides a smooth start, while a faultless cooking technique is apparent in both the Corsican meagre fish and the milk-fed Aveyron lamb rack. The white vine peach, verbena and yoghurt makes for a perfectly balanced finish. Wine pairings are simply exceptional in both choice and service, making for one of the best wine experiences anywhere in the city.
What to order
- Foie gras with Hokkaido corn and black truffle - artful crafting and textural contrast made for a delicious bowl, each spoon bringing layers of flavour, without ever being heavy or overpowering.
- Aveyron lamb rack - dainty, perfectly-pink cutlets of some of France’s best lamb, lifted gently by delicious roasted eggplant and Taggiasca olive.
- White vine peach, verbena and yoghurt - serious patisserie skills on show in a delicate and fragrant tart with subtle floral notes that ended the meal perfectly.
It’s something of a no-brainer, but be sure to ask for a window table to enjoy those stunning harbour views.