Rech by Alain DucasseRestaurant, $$$$, French, Seafood, Tsim Sha Tsui
Open now ( Close at: 23:00 )keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Fri
Sat - Sun
- Mon - Fri 18:00-23:00
- +852 2313 2323
- Lobby Level, InterContinental Hong Kong, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Private Room2 rooms for 10-30 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleNo
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
The dining room at Rech is right out of the south of France, with sea views and a nautical colour scheme of bright white furnishings complemented by tableware in all manner of blues. And then there are those oyster shell-inspired chandeliers—as splendid as the menu’s oyster selection. Dinner at Rech is an experience to be savoured, from amuse-bouche to Alain Ducasse’s own chocolates, with a fish-focused menu that puts emphasis on sustainably sourced seafood. Starters show culinary creativity, while high-quality ingredients are the star of the show in the mains, particularly the signature pan-seared sole. Expertly deboned tableside, its firm, meaty fillets are enriched with a lemon butter and are easily enough for two to share. Desserts don’t disappoint, nor does the wine list, at least not in breadth, though perhaps in price, as there is little that could be classed as good value. Then again, drinking—and similarly, dinner—at such a prestigious establishment doesn’t come cheap.
What to order
- The grilled sea scallops are tender and juicy and prepared with a refreshing combination of broccoli and caviar with watercress emulsion.
- The pan-seared large sole with half-salted butter is perfectly prepared, de-boned expertly table-side and the firm, meaty fillets are easily enough for two or more.
- The hazelnut soufflé is light, airy and pleasingly nutty, and is complemented by a rich coffee ice cream.
Rech offers the excellent value Rush to Rech 3-course dinner menu for early (6-8pm with orders placed before 6.45pm) or late (10-11pm) diners.