Restaurant, $$$$, Italian, Tsim Sha Tsui
Open now ( Close at: 23:00 )keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Fri
Sat - Sun
- Mon - Fri 12:00-14:30
- +852 2733 2000
- 3/F, The Royal Garden, 69 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Private Room2 rooms for 10-18 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishLess than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$500 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
The dining room at Sabatini, in the somewhat unlikely setting of The Royal Garden hotel, feels like a time warp in the nicest way possible, reminding diners that the original Sabatini in Rome opened back in 1958. The menu reflects its heritage, eschewing contemporary presentation or spins for real-deal versions of righteous classics such as lasagna alla Bolognese, risotto ai funghi or the famed linguini decked with prawns, clams and mussels. The groaning table of antipasti is a good way to start before the generous pastas or risotto, which have to be tried and remind you why simplicity is often the key to success. Mains could include impeccable sea bass or perfectly pink lamb chops. A dessert trolley is another charming throwback and features more standbys, such as a rich tiramisu or decadent cakes and tarts. One of the city’s best Italian wine lists accompanies the meal and guidance is always on hand for those unsure how to navigate the regions.
What to order
- Antipasto - a generous table lets you work between prosciutto and other salumi, cheeses, salads, and a wide range of vegetables.
- Linguini - A veritable catch of the day tops the perfectly al dente linguine in a generous portion that is big enough to share.
- Sea bass - Perfectly seared fish flakes away, meeting the rich tomato and olive sauce underneath which compliments it perfectly.
If you don’t quite have room for dessert, complimentary biscotti and hazelnut chocolates are offered for those still hankering for a sweet finish.