Sip SongRestaurant, $$, Thai, Repulse Bay
Opens at: 11:30keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Thu
Fri - Sat
- Mon - Thu 11:30-14:30
- +852 2898 3788
- G/F, The Pulse, 28 Beach Road, Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeCasual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Brought to you by Maximal Concepts, the same restaurant group behind Limewood, this casual Thai beachside eatery and bar is a newcomer at The Pulse, joining the ground-floor promenade dotted with open-fronted restaurants overlooking the Repulse Bay beach. Inspired by the beach culture of the southern Thai coast and Thailand’s night markets, the menu is an ode to the vibrant flavours of the country’s cuisine, featuring well-executed classics such as yum woon sen (seafood glass noodle salad), tom yum gong and pad Thai, as well as creative reinventions including the Don’t Tell Mom roti pancakes with barbecued pork neck and red roasted duck curry, which are drenched in an indulgent pool of curry packed with bold flavours and generous cuts of roasted duck, and best paired with fresh homemade roti. The desserts are equally delightful—particularly the ube and coconut ice cream with coconut, jackfruit chips, salted peanuts and Thai whiskey caramel, which adds a welcome crunchy texture to the house-made ice cream.
What to order
- The red roasted duck curry is a crowd pleaser that has a rich buttery texture that elevates the roasted duck that is best paired with homemade roti.
- A Thai classic, Yum woon sen (seafood glass noodle salad) is seasoned and executed in authentic Thai cooking style, making it a refreshing starter for a spice-laden meal.
- The ube and coconut ice cream is a simple dessert with a bit of crunchiness from the peanuts and jackfruit chips that makes it a balanced dessert to round things off.
Go early as reservation for less than six diners is not available. While you’re waiting, try their Thai-inspired cocktails from the bar, especially ‘Tom Yum’ and ‘TBC’.