StatementRestaurant, $$$$, British, Central
Opens at: 12:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 12:00-15:00
- 852 2848 3000
- Police Headquarters, Tai Kwun, 10 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$400 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetNo
You’d be forgiven for overlooking this sophisticated restaurant, which is perched on the second floor of the colonial-era old Police Headquarters Building in Tai Kwun—which makes for excellent people-watching with the constant stream of passers-by below. The bulk of the menu is split between small plates and larger dishes for sharing. There’s also a selection of highly recommended signatures: the Aberdeen Angus roast beef, for example, is a showstopper. Served tableside alongside well-risen Yorkshire puddings drenched in a smooth gravy, it’s superbly tender and goes great with a generous side portion of crunchy string beans slathered in butter—and washed down with a carafe (or two) from the extensive wine list. Classic and traditional, but presented with a little more urbanity and flair, the dishes are delightful, not unlike the service and decadent interiors—a stately mix of teal, dove grey and dark woods.
What to order
- A premium cut generously crusted with herbs, the Organic Trevilley Farm rack of lamb comes with aubergine smothered in a rich and lightly flavoured mint sauce.
- Simple, seasonal and distinctively English, the Signature Aberdeen Angus roast beef is carved tableside and served with plump Yorkshire pudding and a rich gravy.
- Delicately seasoned crab with lashings of almond cream is surprisingly zesty alongside a crisp, textured cannoli that’s bursting with citrusy, crushed avocado.
Arrive early to enjoy evening drinks including signature cocktails on the romantic terrace overlooking Tai Kwun.