TateRestaurant, $$$$, Contemporary, Sheung Wan
Opens at: 19:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sat
- Sun Close
- Mon - Sat 19:00-23:00
- +852 2555 2172
- 210 Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Private Room1 room for 1-12 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 5
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$300-$500 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetNo
Pastel hues, brushed gold and soft curves dominate the warm and elegant first-floor space on Hollywood Road that’s occupied by Tate Dining Room. In this feminine setting, attention has been paid to every detail, from the book-shaped box containing the menus to the wheeled mignardises cabinet—chef Vicky Lau was, after all, a graphic designer before she took her creativity to the kitchen. Had she not made that decision, diners would be deprived of something very special. Lau’s style of cooking combines French and Chinese traditions and flavours, manifesting in an innovative and strikingly distinctive tasting menu where every dish is a work of art. Flavours, colours and textures surprise and delight, yet dishes always exhibit balance and refinement. Exceptional service accompanies the food, which is further enhanced by a carefully considered, France-dominant wine list compiled in collaboration with Master of Wine and Master Sake Sommelier Jeannie Cho Lee. In short, Tate excels on every level.
What to order
- Ode to Conch sees the prized shellfish paired with seaweed jelly and cauliflower puree encased in a sea shell and topped with rich caviar in a dish that is as pleasing on the plate as it is on the palate.
- Full bodied carrot red bean curd sauce and a searingly sweet pineapple surround a tender crustacean in Ode to Langoustine.
- In Ode to Challans Duck, shatteringly crisp skin tops rich pink duck breast, the saltiness of which is complemented by a sweet red date compote.
The wine list at Tate has been compiled in collaboration with Master of Wine Jeannie Cho Lee and a carefully considered pairing of three or six glasses is available to accompany the food.
- Top 20 Best Restaurants
- Best Interior Design