The Steak HouseRestaurant, $$$$, Steak House, Tsim Sha Tsui
Opens at: 12:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Fri
Sat - Sun
- Mon - Fri 18:00-23:00
- +852 2313 2323
- Lower Level, InterContinental Hong Kong, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 10
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$700-$1400 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Choice is the name of the game at The Steak House at the InterContinental in Tsim Sha Tsui, with a menu that encompasses more than a dozen types of charcoal-grilled steak (alongside a dizzying array of sauces and sides), which come served with a selection of eight rock salts, 12 specially blended mustards and the chance to pick your own steak knife. We opt for the USDA rib-eye cap cut, which boasts a good balance of meat to fat and is cooked expertly to our medium-rare preference; the comfortingly rich potato gratin is our pick of the side dishes. The dessert sampler gives sweet-toothed diners the chance to try five miniature desserts, including the restaurant’s famous chocolate fondant, rounding off the meal in excellent style. Wine connoisseurs will also be happy, with a menu showcasing more than 480 bottles, although like the food itself, prices are on the higher end—but The Steak House’s knowledgeable service, quality ingredients and grand harbour view all help in justifying the indulgence.
What to order
- The light and refreshing Hawaiian yellowfin tuna tartar with yuzu dressing is elevated with an umami hit of Kaluga Amur caviar, plus garlic bread toast for that all-important textural contrast.
- The charcoal-grilled USDA rib-eye cap is juicy and rich with beef flavour, and features a good balance of meat to fat.
- The dessert sampler comprises five miniature versions of The Steak House’s sweets selection – including a decadent chocolate fondant and classic apple crumble.
Request a table by the windows, towards the front of the dining room near the salad bar, to get the best harbourside view.