Restaurant, $$$, Japanese, Tsim Sha Tsui
Opens at: 12:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 12:00-14:30
- +852 2369 1111
- 3/F, Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, 20 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Private Room3 rooms for 8-30 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 10
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$500 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Hidden on the third floor of the Sheraton, Unkai might just be one of Hong Kong’s best-kept secrets for authentic Osaka cuisine. Famed for its sizzling teppanyaki and colourful platters of sashimi and sushi, it features jet-fresh seafood and prime Japanese beef (Kobe, Ohmi, Kagoshima and Miyazaki) flown in from Japan. Dimly lit, with strategically placed spotlights, the dining space is divided into six areas including open and private teppan bars (where you can see the chefs in action), an intimate sushi and sake bar, semi-private tables, private rooms and tatami rooms. The menu is packed with a variety of set menus and à la carte dishes encompassing Japanese snacks, sashimi, sushi, teppanyaki, shabu shabu, rice, noodles and dessert. On the drinks menu, Unkai has an impressive range of sake and wine to pair with the meal, which the attentive and knowledgeable staff are happy to recommend.
What to order
- Deluxe sashimi platter - Unkai’s deluxe sashimi platter is a treat for the eyes as well as the stomach with a colourful spread of fresh fish and seafood.
- Kanazawa teppanyaki set - The Kanazawa teppanyaki set is a great way to sample Unkai’s seafood offering, which includes a mix of fish, scallop, tiger prawn, silver cod, salmon and Tasmanian abalone, followed by vegetables, fried rice, soup and dessert.
- Tofu ice cream - Made in-house, the tofu ice cream is a light, smooth and creamy way to round out the meal.
Don’t miss the Teppanyaki Extravaganza on weekends to enjoy unlimited surf and turf dishes paired with free-flow Asahi.