Ying Jee Club
Restaurant, $$$$, Cantonese, Central
Opens at: 11:30keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 11:30-15:00
- +852 2801 6882
- Shop G05, 107-108, Nexxus Building, 41 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Private Room3 rooms for 8-12 persons
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeSmart Casual
- Vegetarian DishMore than 10
- Bring Your Own BottleYes
- CorkageHK$500 per bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetNo
Stately marble tables and dark emerald banquettes of velvet adorn a side of the luxuriously spacious second-floor dining room. Service is polished, so ask for recommendations instead of navigating the voluminous menu, which may dizzy novices of Chinese cuisine. Siu Hin-chi excels in Cantonese restraint and innovation. Highlights include steamed king prawn with crab coral, showcasing a sculpted sphere of whole prawn, its essential briny flavour gleaming on a silken bed of comforting egg white. The rendition of drunken pigeon here is a sublime revelation, with meltingly soft meat—thinly sliced, instead of chopped up in chunks across the bone the traditional Chinese way—that’s all the better to soak up the elegant Shaoxing wine marinade. Most of the signature dishes are individually portioned as refined single servings, paired with a compelling selection of fine wines. Watch out for whole seafood and dishes such as the wok-fried Kagoshima A4 wagyu, which may quickly rack up your bill.
What to order
- Marinated pigeon with “Hua Diao” – A revelatory version of drunken pigeon — meltingly soft meat thinly sliced to soak up all the elegant flavours of aromatic Shaoxing wine marinade.
- Steamed king prawn with egg white and crab coral – An exercise in Cantonese minimalism with a sculpted sphere of whole prawn, showcasing its unadulterated briny flavour, on a silken bed of comforting egg white
- Fried vermicelli with egg and morel mushroom – Adroitly demonstrating the stir-frying skills of the kitchen — greaseless, golden petals of scrambled egg resembling osmanthus — just like the Chinese moniker of the dish.
Most of the signature are individually portioned as genteel single servings, so diners can order and enjoy different dishes, as well as larger shared plates.