6 Tips For First-Time Classic Car Buyers
October 16, 2017 | BY Marianna Cerini & Oliver Giles
Darrin Woo, director of the Woo Hon Fai Group and a classic car collector, shares tips on how to pick your first classic car
1. Collecting classic cars isn’t really about money. It’s about the culture and a love for craftsmanship and design. Your classic car doesn’t have to be an expensive Ferrari.
2. Find ways to see classic cars in person. In Hong Kong, Sino Group organises a classic car event called Concours d’Elegance at the Gold Coast Hotel every year. Internationally, the Monterey Classic Car Week, which is held every August in the Californian city, is my favourite fixture.
3. When you’re considering a car, think about what it means to you. I grew up in the ’90s and I’m naturally attracted to cars from that era.
4. Read car auction catalogues. They give you so much information about car history, they cover a variety of cars and they’re written by specialists.
5. Try to buy cars that are advertised as fully restored. Restoration is a slippery slope and there will always be more to do, so it’s best to buy a car that has already been restored to a high standard.
6. Sharing is caring. Join a community such as the Classic Car Club of Hong Kong to share your passion with fellow enthusiasts. Participate in rallies like Italy’s Mille Miglia or Classic Cars Challenge China.
Follow Darrin on Instagram @darrinwoo
Art With Sansiri: Miquel Barcelo’s Live Performance On The Chao Phraya River In Bangkok
November 7, 2018 | BY Hong Kong Tatler
United Nations Appoints Pansy Ho As Tourism Ambassador
October 29, 2018 | BY Hong Kong Tatler
Exclusive: Rimowa x Off-White Collection Launch Party
October 25, 2018 | BY Christian Barlowphoto_library