6 Tips On Cooking The Perfect Family Meal
October 20, 2017 | BY Marianna Cerini & Oliver Giles
Nissim Tse, director of Hedge Fund Sofaer Global Research and culinary whizz, shares tips on how to cook the perfect family meal
Tatler 500 lister Nissim Tse has many passions—shorinjiryu karate, golf and boxing being just a few. But did you know? The director of hedge fund Sofaer Global Research is also a cooking enthusiast, and as part of our October 'How To' series, he shares his top tips on cooking the perfect family meal:
1. Take a pinch of inspiration from cookbooks and a bucket-load of fresh produce. A good selection of groceries can often guide the direction of your menu.
2. Mix your ingredients well, but don’t overdo it. I make a mean roast beef marinated in Stilton.
3. Sometimes, two unexpected flavours coming together are all you need to create an exciting dish.
4. Prep well beforehand. It cuts the actual cooking time in half.
5. Keep it simple and try to make the base sauces and consommés yourself. My go-to is my Serrano ham stock. It makes everything taste amazing.
6. Go easy on dessert. It should be a palate cleanser, not bog you down. Fresh fruit is a good way to end a meal, especially if you have kids. My Vampire Salad is a winner at the table: fresh berries, diced mangoes and blood orange juice, with mint leaves and fresh basil on top. Adults-only party? Flambé it with Cointreau for show.
Chopard Elements Shop Opening Party and VIP Dinner
January 17, 2018 | BY Christian Barlow
Asia's Most Stylish: 15 Hong Kong Fashionistas To Know
January 11, 2018 | BY Christian Barlow
28 Aberdeen Street: Hong Kong's Artistic New Residential Complex
January 10, 2018 | BY Ben Fitzgerald
5 Ways Adrian Cheng Is Changing The Game
January 8, 2018 | BY Hong Kong Tatler