You've probably seen them all over your social media feeds by now: stick-on LED eyelashes that take falsies to a whole other level.
f.lashes (pronounced 'fuh-lashes') are the latest beauty products on Kickstarter to go viral. Created by Tien Pham and Davey Taylor in Malmo, Sweden, the idea came about when Pham, an electronics product designer, tried to incorporate hardware marker Taylor's small LEDs into his (then) Halloween costume.
See also: Try Out The Disco Lip Trend This Summer
Besides being eye-catching (literally), f.lashes actually respond to different movements via a controller that is stuck to the back of the head, or attached with wires if you have long hair. Jumping, dancing and even posing for selfies can elicit different effects from the LED lashes, making them perfect for a night on the dance floor.
- There are five different flashing effects: liquid pour, twilight sparkle, hyper burst, knight riding and endless winks.
- The f.lashes come in seven colours: white, pink, red, yellow, green, light and dark blue.
- The battery lasts around four to five hours, and lashes can be reused several times when applied with regular lash adhesive.
- They are said to be waterproof and non-obstructive to the eyes, as the lights point outwards.
- The Kickstarter campaign has already surpassed their initial US$40,000 (HK$312,000) goal with total funding of US$52,833 reached.
Futuristic fashion trend or flashing fad? With orders for f.lashes only being delivered from January 2018 onwards, that's plenty of time for copycats to get a piece of the light-up lash action, especially in our part of the world.
Find out more on f.lashes' Kickstarter campaign.
First Look: American Express Opens The First Centurion Lounge In Asia At HKIA
October 19, 2017 | BY Hong Kong Tatler
Exclusive: Pastry Chef Gregoire Michaud To Launch Bakery-Cafe This November
October 13, 2017 | BY Wilson Fok