How to Find A Dream Wedding Gown
May 25, 2011 | BY MEIMEI SONG
We ask the ladies behind Central Weddings Hong Kong to share their tips on finding a dream wedding gown
Finding a dream wedding gown is not easy, after all, a wedding only happens once for most, and expectations for the big day are high thanks to friends, family and fairy tales. To help our readers avoid any hiccups in their wedding preparation, we ask Carolyn Chow and Audry Ai-Morrow, the ladies from luxury wedding gown store Central Weddings to give our readers tips on finding a dream wedding gown. Bad hems, poor padding or a hanging train should be the least of your worries: focus on choosing between Vera Wang and Monique L'Hullier instead!
On when you should schedule your first visit:
• Most gowns are custom made when ordered. It generally takes around six months to have it ready and sent to the store. If you're planning to take pre-wedding photos, then you will need even more time, so it is best to begin your bridal gown search as early as possible, or at least nine months ahead of your wedding date. That will give you enough time to shop around different bridal boutiques and pick the perfect dress.
On what to bring to your fittings:
• Too many opinions can be confusing so it is recommended that brides bring along only one or two people whose opinion they value most to the fittings instead of inviting the entire bridal party.
• Remember to bring the right shoes and undergarment you plan on wearing on the wedding day for every fitting so that the tailor can make the alterations according to the way you will be dressed on the actual day.
• If you're planning to have the first dance in your wedding gown, then you will need to take into consideration the length of the train.
On post-wedding gown storage:
• It is important to professionally preserve your wedding gown once the wedding is over in order to keep it in its best condition for years to come. It is recommended that you have the gown dry-cleaned and then vacuum packed so that it will be best preserved regardless of the weather. Moreover, vacuum packing the gown will make it compact and it'll be much more practical storing it that way instead of having it hung in a garment bag in your closet.
6 Vegan Spots To Try In Hong Kong
August 6, 2018 | BY Jasmine Wong
Who Inspired Crazy Rich Asians? Our Lips Are Sealed
August 6, 2018 | BY Hong Kong Tatler
Hot New Restaurant Openings To Look Forward To In 2018
August 2, 2018 | BY Wilson Fok